Here in Crossville TN the stage is set for you. We are the place you have been looking for. Just off of I- 40, Crossville TN is conveniently located to Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga. Why is Crossville TN the place ?
For starters, the area is home to Tennessee's famous vacation resort, Fairfield Glade, where five beautiful golf courses will test any skill. But there's more, so much more. Crossville TN - Cumberland County has a total of 11 championship golf courses.
Here upon the Cumberland Plateau you can also visit the highest elevated golf course at the Renegade Mountain Resort. Golf in Crossville - Cumberland County is one of our area's major attractions. Each course is unique and offers a different golfing experience.
From breath taking mountain views, mountain streams, rolling hills and rock formations not only are our golf courses challenging they are enjoyable for all skill levels.
As many of our visitors and residents here in Crossville will attest, that's not all that we have to offer you and your family. From our Golf Courses to our award winning Cumberland County Playhouse to the Crossville Outlet Center, Crossville has something for everyone. High upon the Cumberland Plateau we offer upscale cuisine to down home cooking and the sights and sounds you will savor year after year.
If you are looking for more than Golf, Crossville is packed with recreation, entertainment, history, dining and shopping.
With an elevation of 2000 feet and an average summer temperature of 74 degrees, Cumberland County residents and visitors can also enjoy hiking, boating, fishing, camping, canoeing, whitewater rafting, even hunting. Auto and drag racing events are held on a regular basis.
For all of these reasons, our area has been voted one of the nation's most desirable places to live and retire to.
When you relocate or visit be sure to put these attractions on your check list :
- Ozone Falls State Natural Area - a pristine setting that has attracted Hollywood Filmmakers.
- Catoosa Wildlife Management Area - a hunting wilderness of almost 80,000 acres
- Crossville Recreational Park, 75 acres of championship ball fields, tennis and volleyball courts. Equipped with playgrounds and walking/hiking trails.
- Cumberland Mountain State Park, more than 1700 acres of rustic parkland, cabins, playgrounds, campsites, hiking trails, Olympic-size swimming pool and The Bear Trace.
- Cumberland Trail State Park, Tennessee's first linear state park with over 230 miles of spectacular views.
The Cumberland County Playhouse is renowned throughout the South as a premier cultural attraction. With live performances, Broadway musicals in addition to special films and concerts. Offered year round.
Festivals are also a huge part of our life here in Crossville. Some prominent festivals include :
- Pioneer Day
- Depot Days Main Street Festival
- StreetScape Boo Bash
- Homestead Apple Festival
- Crossville Christmas Parade
- Our exciting Blue Ribbon Cumberland County Fair
Our area, Crossville - Cumberland County is a favorite among history buffs. The past comes alive throughout our area. See for yourself by visiting :
- The Homesteads - a community and depression era of 1930 which was designed as a National Historic district and featuring Homesteads Tower and Museum and the Crabtree House.
- GrassyCove - a National Natural Landmark featuring geological wonders and farmland.
- Crab Orchard - is the country's oldest community and home of the world-famous Crab Orchard Stone
- Downtown Crossville - with it's 95 year old courthouse it also features the 1920's train depot from where famed Sgt. Alvin C. York made his good-byes en route to his World War I exploits
- Pleasant Hill - settled since 1819, is the site of the Pioneer Hall Museum
From Cuisine to hard-to-find collectibles, your shopping and dining desires will be delighted here along the Cumberland Plateau. You can follow any road and be greeted by friendly people, boutiques, specialty and antique shops, unique wineries, a busting downtown, factory outlet stores and so much more. To satisfy your cravings you can pull up any chair amongst our 50 restaurants.
To find out more about Crossville TN or Real Estate for sale in Crossville TN, contact :
- Melissa Grant, Realtor(r)
- Pointe Realty-proudly serving Crossville TN, The Cumberland Plateau, Fairfield Glade, Lake Tansi, Cumberland Cove, Morgan and Fentress Counties.
- 931-210-8277 Direct or Email email@example.com
Photos copyright 2009, Melissa Grant
Thank you for visiting Crossville TN Real Estate